GDT — Bills @ Steelers — Saturday August 17th 7:00 PM

There’s something happening here [BILLS]

What it is is not exactly clear [IMPROVING?]

There is a man who can’t coach worth a shit [McCOLLAPSY]

And the GM has been called a twit [BEANE]…

Okay. I won’t base this entire season on the coin flip. But I gotta see EXTRA DiNucci.

Ajay Cybulski

@AjayCybulski

Things to watch for in tonight’s #Bills vs Steelers game:
▫️
Dorian Williams — Does he belong?
▫️
Offensive line — communication with all three units
▫️
Punt/kick return competition
▫️
Taylor Rapp/Damar Hamlin
▫️
Joe Brady’s playcalling
▫️
Ray Davis/Ty Johnson
▫️
No injuries

OPINION: Capaccio: Bills at Steelers preseason: Five things to watch​

Bills starters expected to play a little over a quarter

Pittsburgh, PA (WGR550) - The Buffalo Bills visit the Pittsburgh Steelers Saturday night in the second preseason game for both clubs.

Here are five things to watch for the Bills:

1. Dorian Williams

With Matt Milano out indefinitely with a biceps injury, the focus is squarely on Williams as the new starter at weakside linebacker. The second-year player showed terrific athleticism and speed in his rookie season, but he still learning the nuances of the position. Every rep he gets from here on out will be extremely valuable.

2. Wide receiver

Curtis Samuel, Keon Coleman, Khalil Shakir, and Mack Hollins are (in no particular order) the clear top-four of the wide receiver depth chart. After that there are several players who are looking to stand out to ultimately make the team.

Tyrell Shavers and Marquez Valdes-Scanting appear to have a bit of a jump on the others, including KJ Hamler and Andy Isabella, who is making a strong push. But the bottom of the position is very fluid.

3. Returner

Speaking of Hamler and Isabella, they are right in the middle of a battle to see who will be the main kick and put returners for the Bills. Hamler had a couple chances last week along with cornerback Daequan Hardy. Isabella may get some opportunities this week. No one has separated themselves as the clear front runner for the job yet. That could happen Saturday night.

4. The secondary

The Bills are still dealing with quite a few injuries in their secondary, particularly at safety, where Cole Bishop and Mike Edwards have been out for several weeks.

Although the starters are scheduled to play about a quarter and a half, head coach Sean McDermott may elect not to play Taylor Rapp very much, if at all, in order to protect the position a little more. The group is thin and the team needs to see where they stand heading into the final couple weeks of preseason.

5. Urgency and energy

This is a big-picture issue and something to watch for on Saturday night, because it certainly wasn’t to the standard McDermott hoped for or expected last week against the Chicago Bears. McDermott would love to see his team - and especially starters - start the game with the kind of energy and urgency that could translate into the regular season.

Pittsburgh, PA
Updated 16 minutes ago

Sat Aug 17
5pm
A few showers

°
Feels 26

Wind

Wind Gust
13 km/h S
20 km/h
pop

P.O.P.

Rain
40%
0.4mm
A few showers

6pm
A few showers

°
Feels 25

Wind

Wind Gust
13 km/h S
20 km/h
pop

P.O.P.

Rain
60%
1.3mm

A few showers

7pm
Mainly sunny

°
Feels 24

Wind

Wind Gust
15 km/h S
22 km/h
pop

P.O.P.
10%
Mainly sunny

8pm
Partly cloudy

°
Feels 23

Wind

Wind Gust
15 km/h S
23 km/h
pop

P.O.P.
10%
Partly cloudy

9pm
Cloudy

°
Feels 22

Wind

Wind Gust
13 km/h S
19 km/h
pop

P.O.P.
30%
Cloudy

10pm
Cloudy

°
Feels 21

Wind

Wind Gust
10 km/h S
15 km/h
pop

P.O.P.
30%

Other than the obvious Dorian Williams watch I will be watching to see how the interior of the OL is working.

I am not sold on Beane's solution for Morse's replacement at Center and I want to see much better pass blocking by the OL in general and some fucking push between the tackles to create running lanes for our RBs.

Back