NFL Network to Broadcast Steelers-Bills Preseason Game, Blackout Areas Apply

NFL Network will broadcast Saturday’s preseason game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Buffalo Bills, but some fans will be blacked out.

1723892667634.png
Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebacker T.J. Watt in a preseason game against the Buffalo Bills, Aug. 19, 2023. -- Ed Thompson / Steelers Now

NFL Network will broadcast the second Pittsburgh Steelers preseason game of 2024 live to most of the country, when the Steelers host the Buffalo Bills on Saturday, but significant parts of the Steelers fanbase may be subject to blackouts.

The game between the Steelers and Bills will be broadcast in Pittsburgh on KDKA-TV Channel 2, with Bob Pompeani, Charlie Batch and Missi Mathews on the call. Their broadcast will be picked up nationally by NFL Network, giving Steelers fans around the nation a chance to tune in. But there is a significant portion of the country that will be subject to blackouts on NFL Network.

Fans in the Albany, Binghamton, Buffalo, Elmira, Rochester, Syracuse, Utica and Watertown markets in New York; the Erie, Harrisburg, Scranton and State College media markets in Pennsylvania; Steubenville and Youngstown Ohio; Wheeling, West Virginia; Roanoke, Virginia; Anchorage, Alaska and Honolulu, Hawaii will all be unable to watch the game live on NFL Network. Those fans will get the Washington Commanders versus Miami Dolphins game on NFL Network instead.

Fans that don’t get NFL Network can subscribe to NFL+ to watch the game, though the same blackout areas apply. The blackouts only apply to live viewing, re-airs via NFL+ and on NFL Network are not blacked out.

The Steelers’ feed will be picked up regionally by WTAJ in Altoona, WJET in Erie, WHP in Harrisburg, WOLF in Scranton, WOWK in Charleston, W.Va., WTOV in Wheeling, W.Va., WCMH in Columbus, Ohio, WTOV in Steubenville, Ohio, WKBN in Youngstown, Ohio and WFXR in Roanoke, Virginia.

Fans in those areas can also watch a live stream at Steelers.com.

The game will also be broadcast over the radio, with Rob King, Craig Wolfley and Max Starks on the call on 102.5 WDVE and the Steelers Audio Network.

I get WIVB channel 4 from Buffalo and it is showing Buffalo Kick Off Live at 6:00 PM and the game on at 7:00 PM.

ON the NFL Network I get the game starting at 7:00 PM after the Lions @ Chiefs game that starts at 4:00 PM however it can start at STICK IT UP YOU ASS o'clock since I won't be watching that shitty pre-season game.

It will be watching the Jays @ Cubs at 2:20 PM and flipping to the PBS Saturday Afternoon line ups of cooking shows on PBS Buffalo and PBS Detroit Channels.

I see that Lidia's Kitchen with Lidia Bastianich has a 2:00 PM episode entitled Colourful Inspiration which means I should be fucking my Wife while that episode is on.

Tonight the 2-7 Edmonton Elk come to Hamilton to play the 2-7 Hamilton Ticats in what is being dubbed THE CFL RETARDED BOWL which I will switch to once the Bills pull Josh Allen out of the game.

Back