Radio 95.1FM Rochester reports Terry Pegula has dementia

SpikedLemonade

This is from last week...

Deanna King and John DiTullio of Radio 95.1PM are reporting Terry Pegula has dementia, no other details, they have not confirmed with anyone in the Bills organization but they say the info is from a reliable source.

There have been no further developments since this was reported last week however the implications are not good given Kim Pegula's health issues seem to have become permanent incapacitation.

Remember that the new stadium is fully funded by the county with the 25% minimum Owner contribution NFL rule coming out of PSLs, Suite and Club/Special seat sales that are not shared as ticket revenue among NFL owners. In other words, not one cent is coming out of Terry's pocket for that new stadium. Sweet deal eh?

So if the thought was that the Bills would never move because of the new stadium that is true to some extent but you still need to have a NFL Owner interested in investing in Buffalo. That has never been easy in the past with respect to the Bills and the Sabres. When Ralph died, Terry was the only serious bidder given Trump never produced the required financial disclosure and Bon Jovi and friends were not willing to go higher than $1B (remember the Forbe's evaluation was of $950M at the time) and Terry bought the Bills for $1.4B.

The theory was that the Pegula children would be the natural successors for their parents in terms of ownership however there is very little evidence that any of them has shown the interest or ability to do so. One is an outstanding tennis player at the height of her playing career. The others may be more interested in staying in Florida where the Pegulas live and of course, on their new super mega yacht. Quite frankly, these adult children unlike their Father have never worked for a living and may be more content to simply live off their Father's wealth than getting their hands dirty owning a NFL Franchise.

Then you have the rumours that Terry is or was interested in selling off a minority interest in the Bills and the Sabres outright. I am sure that is not because Terry needs the money but rather that he sees no succession to him within the family.

Thoughts?

Terry Pegula transferred small percentage of Bills to daughter Laura Pegula​

Nearly two years after she suffered a debilitating heart attack, Kim Pegula is still listed as a co-owner of the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres alongside her husband, Terry. The Pegulas used to own the Bills 50-50, but that is no longer the case.

Palm Beach County Circuit Civil Court documents show that on Feb. 13, 2023, Terry Pegula filed to have Kim ruled incapacitated and to be made her guardian. A panel of three court-appointed examiners recommended incapacitation, and on March 23, 2023, a judge named Terry the “plenary guardian of the person and property” of his wife.

The documents also show that many of Kim’s assets have been placed in a trust, with Terry and longtime petroleum business collaborator Bob Long listed as co-trustees.

“The court has determined that the ward lacks capacity to handle all of their affairs, and everything that can be delegated has been delegated to someone else,” said Stacy Beth Rubel, chairperson of the Florida Bar’s guardianship, power of attorney and advance directives committee.

“Kim is not coming back” to the Bills or Sabres front office, a longtime Pegula family associate briefed on her condition and prognosis said.

Three days after Kim became Terry’s ward, Laura Pegula, Terry’s daughter from his first marriage, represented the Bills at NFL owners’ meetings in Phoenix. Shortly thereafter, The Athletic learned, Terry transferred a small percentage of the Bills to Laura to satisfy a league policy that aids in succession planning.....

I never heard of a heart attack that leave you disabled in the manner Kim apparently is

Me neither.

I suspect it was more likely a stroke or other brain related injury.,
I agree, maybe less of a stroke.
My Uncle had a cerebral "event" that was like a stoke but they said it wasn't. He could never care for himself again and ended up in the VA home in Lancaster (I think) until his death last year.

It depends on if the cardiac arrest caused her heart to actually stop at some point and for how log. Permanent brain injury can happen in minutes. As far as Terry, man this sucks for the kids. My mother died not knowing who many of us were. Fortunately she was happy and not knowing that she didn’t know.

I agree, maybe less of a stroke.
My Uncle had a cerebral "event" that was like a stoke but they said it wasn't. He could never care for himself again and ended up in the VA home in Lancaster (I think) until his death last year.

Sad way for man who gave up so much for his country to end up.

When you see what Kim has unfortunately become at practice yesterday it adds another layer of concern to this thread.

I never heard of a heart attack that leave you disabled in the manner Kim apparently is
Its all about oxygen deprivation to the brain. Damar Hamlin had a great team of sports medicine people around him when he had his freak injury and then he was taken to a nearby research hospital that has one of the best cardiovascular units in the world. Kim? She was discovered after her heart attack. Damar didn't experience lasting injury, she did. The heart quit pumping oxygen rich blood to her body and so the body shut down the brain and the extremities to keep the torso and the vital organs alive and so she suffered brain damage.

Its all about oxygen deprivation to the brain. Damar Hamlin had a great team of sports medicine people around him when he had his freak injury and then he was taken to a nearby research hospital that has one of the best cardiovascular units in the world. Kim? She was discovered after her heart attack. Damar didn't experience lasting injury, she did. The heart quit pumping oxygen rich blood to her body and so the body shut down the brain and the extremities to keep the torso and the vital organs alive and so she suffered brain damage.

Yup

Back