The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

herodotus

The good:

Elam looked Solid
Saw some nice things from Shakir
Samuelson caught a nice pass
Andressen and Gore helped their cause of landing on an NFL roster

The bad:
The O Line, they couldn't open up holes in the running game and they made up for it by giving up 8 sacks. (I do have to remind myself that all but two of those were on the third string qb, but damn it was awful all game long). They made the Bears look like the 85 Bears for a game.
Yet another fucking injury, yeah Oliver was cleared to play and likely would have went back in if this was the regular season, but damn the strength and conditioning people need to be given pink slips
Kissin Titties Trubisky.

The ugly-
Shane Buechele. He's literally the worst qb we've had since Petermeme.

Overall, lots and lots of work is still needed for this team. Get to it boys.

The scrambles from Mitch and Allen were plays intended to Coleman…but he wasn’t open…lovely. And by the way…his number is dumb. I’m sorry 0 looks dumb. If he becomes a bum he will become an eternal meme.
Why are we passing to Reggie Gilliam?
Why are we throwing to Coleman running dig routes in the endzone?
Why do we have statues as Allen’s back ups? Why not someone like Tyson Bagent?
Why is Epensea and Groot getting man handled at the line?
Why can’t we run for more than a yard?
Why is this team always undisciplined? Flag after flag after flag.
Why did we blast the ball thru the endzone everytime?

The scrambles from Mitch and Allen were plays intended to Coleman…but he wasn’t open…lovely. And by the way…his number is dumb. I’m sorry 0 looks dumb. If he becomes a bum he will become an eternal meme.
Why are we passing to Reggie Gilliam?
Why are we throwing to Coleman running dig routes in the endzone?
Why do we have statues as Allen’s back ups? Why not someone like Tyson Bagent?
Why is Epensea and Groot getting man handled at the line?
Why can’t we run for more than a yard?
Why is this team always undisciplined? Flag after flag after flag.
Why did we blast the ball thru the endzone everytime?
The incredible lack of discipline this team has had every year of McDermott's reign doesn't piss me off. It will piss me off in January but not now.

This OL remains a concern for me.

If it cannot open up running lanes, our O will be rendered one dimensional quickly.

I was pessimistic about moving an inexperienced in the position OL into the Center position and it ain’t looking good so far.

That is a position that touches the ball as often as your $250M investment at QB and if we have failure there, shit starts to hit the fan quickly.

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/bills/capaccio-arrow-up-arrow-down-bears-at-bills-preseason

Share the concern for the o-line. Expected better. There are coaching concerns with the defense. Put bodies in the right places please. Back-up QB stink. And Ray Davis and Hamler had a chance to shine and didn't. It seemed, in fact, that outside of Josh Allen this team stinks.

When the brightest thing Steve Tasker has to talk about is the guy they hired to tell McDermott when to challenge and not to, there must be some problems.

The Bills made the Bears look better than they are. Sent the Bears fans home full of joy.

I had the same thought. The Bills should not have let their number 1 pick choose "0" for his number. Draws too much attention. Dumb. Agreed.

The first preseason game doesn't affect my view of the team at all. It's usually always the same except most years, after the main unit looks terrible, the backups come out and find a way to win.

Talk to me in two weeks and see where they are when they start putting the game plans into the game.

This OL remains a concern for me.

If it cannot open up running lanes, our O will be rendered one dimensional quickly.

I was pessimistic about moving an inexperienced in the position OL into the Center position and it ain’t looking good so far.

That is a position that touches the ball as often as your $250M investment at QB and if we have failure there, shit starts to hit the fan quickly.
When you have no WR threat then you can stack the box.

But hey! The Bills are going to outsmart everyone and make it work!

The incredible lack of discipline this team has had every year of McDermott's reign doesn't piss me off. It will piss me off in January but not now.
They’ve done it in preseasons pasts and in regular seasons pasts…I predict nothing will change.

They’ve done it in preseasons pasts and in regular seasons pasts…I predict nothing will change.
The three indictments against McD;
Penalties - every year this teams fucks itself inside out with flags and usually on big plays
Injuries - Allen is due - he hasn't gotten hurt since his second year
Challenges - hopefully the new guy telling him when to challenge has better glasses than the previous guy(s)

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/bills/capaccio-arrow-up-arrow-down-bears-at-bills-preseason

Share the concern for the o-line. Expected better. There are coaching concerns with the defense. Put bodies in the right places please. Back-up QB stink. And Ray Davis and Hamler had a chance to shine and didn't. It seemed, in fact, that outside of Josh Allen this team stinks.

When the brightest thing Steve Tasker has to talk about is the guy they hired to tell McDermott when to challenge and not to, there must be some problems.

The Bills made the Bears look better than they are. Sent the Bears fans home full of joy.
Oh if I’m a bears fan I would be over the moon. And to anyone who says wE diDnT tRY anD pLaycALLinG iS vaNiLLa well…you’re telling me the Bears tried? And they game planned? Lol. When their vanilla make our vanilla look like fucking dogshit…..there might be a problem…just saying.

Disclaimer: It was PRESEASON game!
Having said that

Not worried about the OL. We have solid dudes all around. They were good last year and should be good again this season. Only one major change.
Coleman using 0. Who gives a living fuck. Its a jersey number. If he's the next great thing or bust it has nothing to do with his number
Penalties Same old story under McShit.
Injuries. Welcome aboard the "We have to fire the training staff" train. I've been at the front of the line driving the damn train for a couple of years now.
Not a fan of how we kicked into the end zone every time. I understand we might not want to be giving away how we'll play it when the real bullets fly but common! ... we gotta get reps in.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: It was PRESEASON game!
Having said that

Not worried about the OL. We have solid dudes all around. They were good last year and should be good again this season. Only one major change.
Coleman using 0. Who gives a living fuck. Its a jersey number. If he's the next great thing or bust it has nothing to do with his number
Penalties Same old story under McShit.
Injuries. Welcome aboard the "We have to fire the training staff" train. I've been at the front of the line driving the damn train for a couple of years now.
Not a fan of how we kicked into the end zone every time. I understand we might want to be giving away how we'll play it when the real bullets fly but common! ... we gotta get reps in.
I was thinking the 0 would probably get changed when the season starts

Oh if I’m a bears fan I would be over the moon. And to anyone who says wE diDnT tRY anD pLaycALLinG iS vaNiLLa well…you’re telling me the Bears tried? And they game planned? Lol. When their vanilla make our vanilla look like fucking dogshit…..there might be a problem…just saying.
They were playing rookie QB. Can’t vanilla with that. The play calling was very vanilla. The effort was pathetic but it’s preseason and is less meaningful than a pro bowl gig.

Back