The unnecessary yet necessary Balls and Goats thread

Victor7

2 pre season games in I thought we could do a Balls and Goats. Like the title says. Its not necessary since its preseason. But things need to be said.

Balls
DL. They look good. Honorable mention to Groot
Andreessen. That kid was flying vs Pitt. All over the place. Hope he earns a roster spot. We sure do need linebackers
David and Evans have looked good running the ball.
Defense vs Pitt. Only allowed 3 points

Goats
Injuries. Our so called "trainers" continue to have this team in less than ideal form as the injuries keep on piling up despite the fact that we haven't play a single down of
regular season football. Could be our downfall this season.
McD. For calling those 2 timeouts before the half only to get a punt return in. Vintage idiocy from our coach.
Offense. I know Allen has played like 2 seconds. I get it. Its all vanilla. I get it. Its crappy guys like Trubisky, Buechele and DiNucci. I get it !!! ...... still. No touchdowns in 8 quarters.
Kick Returns. We have looked pretty bad here. Don't know if its scheme or if they are being vanilla before deploying the real schemes in the reg. season.

Goats
Injuries. Our so called "trainers" continue to have this team in less than ideal form as the injuries keep on piling up despite the fact that we haven't play a single down of regular season football. Could be our downfall this season.
This is my biggest concern. There is no way we snioff the division if we can't get past these injuries

McD. For calling those 2 timeouts before the half only to get a punt return in. Vintage idiocy from our coach.
Year 8, right?? STILL hasn't learned efficient clock management

Offense. I know Allen has played like 2 seconds. I get it. Its all vanilla. I get it. Its crappy guys like Trubisky, Buechele and DiNucci. I get it !!! ...... still. No touchdowns in 8 quarters.
O-line looks like shit

Kick Returns. We have looked pretty bad here. Don't know if its scheme or if they are being vanilla before deploying the real schemes in the reg. season.
ST is one area I would not go vanilla, ever

Back