US will send $1.7 billion in military aid to Ukraine

daryls61

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. will send $1.7 billion in military aid to Ukraine, officials announced on Monday, including an array of munitions for air defense systems, artillery, mortars and anti-tank and anti-ship missiles.

The package includes $1.5 billion in funding for long-term contracts through the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative, and $200 million in immediate military aid taken from Pentagon stockpiles.

The latest infusion of weapons comes a bit more than two weeks after the NATO summit in Washington, where allies focused a significant amount of time on shoring up support for Ukraine as it fends off Russian forces. President Joe Biden announced during the summit that the U.S. would send a Patriot missile battery to Ukraine, answering a key plea from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

Yet….. technically challenged at the moment.
nah, we're here but I respect hip as the owner of this site and he hasn't done too much to piss me off, plus the chicks thread is a good incentive to not bother him too much. He knows how I feel. Further antagonism helps nobody so I won't engage in it

Back