Ascending OT named Bills' 'most important' contract extension candidate

daryls61

Experienced football coaches and executives often state that sustained success starts in the trenches—that the foundation for a perennially competitive franchise is built across the offensive and defensive lines.

The Buffalo Bills have subscribed to this philosophy since general manager Brandon Beane and head coach Sean McDermott took over in 2017, rebuilding both units in their image to the point that the two, at this juncture, have been quite productive and have maintained continuity over the past several seasons. The offensive line, in particular, figures to return four starters in the 2024 campaign (its lone subtraction being veteran center Mitch Morse), with left tackle Dion Dawkins, left guard (and now center) Connor McGovern, right guard O’Cyrus Torrence, and right tackle Spencer Brown returning from a season ago.

I think there is time. Spencer was fragile up until last season. I would watch this season to make sure the 23 health wasn’t an outlier.

I am not a fan of Spencer Brown and would just let him play out his contract and draft an OT next year to replace him.

Back