Buffalo Bills’ Von Miller calls assault charge ‘100 percent false’ and ‘overblown’

HipKat

Administrator
Staff member

Buffalo Bills edge rusher Von Miller called the charge of assaulting his pregnant girlfriend in late November “100 percent false” and “overblown.” Miller spoke to the media for the first time Thursday since being arrested on the charge.

Police responded to a “major disturbance” call at 11 a.m. CT on Nov. 29. A preliminary investigation determined Miller and the victim “got into a verbal argument and the suspect assaulted the victim.” Miller left the scene before officers arrived, police said. The victim was not transported to a hospital but was treated for minor injuries.

“Obviously there are things that I can’t talk about, but everything that was out is completely wrong and blown out of proportion on me and my girlfriend,” Miller said. “We have problems just like any other couple does, but it’s never been any of the things that was alleged against me. So hopefully over time, you know, all of this stuff will get cleared up. … The people who know me and the people who’ve been around me know my character. They know who I am.”

Miller turned himself in, posted bond and was released later on Nov. 30, according to Express Bail Bonds in Dallas. A charge of assaulting a pregnant person is a third-degree felony.

Miller added Thursday: “First and foremost, there are men and women that deal with serious domestic situations. You cannot downplay that. That really happens, you know, in this world that we live in. That’s not a fairy tale. That stuff is true. That stuff is real. Never in any of my relationships that I’ve been in, never in my current relationship with my girlfriend did any of those things happen. So whenever you see that stuff pop up on, you know, articles and stuff, it’s shocking, of course, especially when my name is attached to it.

“But it is 100 percent false. It’s overblown. You know, I’ve got the right people on the job and you just you just keep pushing. I know who I am. I know my character. I know the type of person that I am. I know me and my my girlfriend’s relationship. So you just got to keep pushing, man. Life just lifes. You got to smile and have fun through it all. Especially when, you know, all the stuff is untrue.”

When asked what was incorrect about the charge, Miller said, “All of it is incorrect.”

“It’s not a funny situation, but all of it is incorrect and all of it is untrue,” Miller said. “Only thing that is true is we do have a third son on the way … but everything else is untrue and you just got to keep pushing.”

Miller was previously investigated in 2021 by the Parker, Colo., Police Department, but the 18th Judicial District didn’t proceed with charges.

When asked about having multiple allegations against him in the last couple of years, Miller said, “I really don’t know what to say to that, man. Like I said, life be lifin’ sometimes. Obviously, I wouldn’t want any of that stuff to be attached to my name. But the things before weren’t true and false and this is untrue and false as well. Me and my girlfriend, we have problems just like everybody else. But there was never a time where domestic violence was happening, nor did it occur.”

Miller was available to play in the Bills’ following game in Week 14 against the Kansas City Chiefs after the incident. The 34-year-old edge rusher has played in all three of the Bills’ games since the incident.

The Bills signed the two-time Super Bowl champion to a six-year, $120 million deal in 2022. Miller tore his ACL in November of that season before starting 2023 on the reserve/physically unable to perform list. He made his 2023 debut against the Jaguars in October.

Back