Excited? Can’t wait?

sukie

Is there anything that is getting any of you excited about the upcoming season?

(Looking between couch cushions)
(Under mats in SUV)

Nothing yet

(Looking in the last 1/2 oz if mouthwash that is for some reason a little thick)

Ah hah! Found it … improved 4th line ! Oh and a 3rd line center!!! No that was a dust bunny with Cheez It crumbs from God knows when (ever notice even after a decade plus, Cheez It Crumbs are still orange? )

Still looking. Let me know if you guys find anything exciting.

Yes very excited. I stood alone fighting to keep Lindy Ruff when he was originally let go from the Sabres. Ruff was the victim of Regierism. Regier who faded into oblivion. Ville Leino? What a dope. Ruff fired because he was given a bunch of losers.

Last edited:
Improved first line???? Peterka will easily eclipse Skinner's overpriced 24 goals.

Improved second line with Zucker and a healthy Quinn revitalizing Cozens???

Improved 3rd line with a real centerman (sorry Krebs, but not really). Add Benson & Greenway. Solid line who can skate with any other line in the NHL.

Excited for UPL/Reimer. Finally a real veteran 2nd goaltender.

Young defense gelling. So happy they re-signed Henry J. A real righty that can play 2nd or 3rd pairing in a solid way.

There is nothing NOT to be excited about Debbie (Downer, that it).

Even assistant coaching staff was cleaned up and improved. Deadwood tossed.

Rochester signed a great coach. Stacked with talent at forward, defense and goal.

It's also worth reminding you that Thompson was hurt most of last season. When he finally came back toward the end he started scoring again. He was on fire in March.

Only bright spot is an NHL coach. You say first line improved by eliminating a top six and moving Peterka up one line… that’s still one less top 6

You are excited over a 14 year veteran playing in front of a top prospect goalie ? Let’s just crush Devon’s confidence further.

Quinn healthy . Sure when preseason starts and this is gonna revitalize Cousins?

Wing and a prayer on Kulich having a great year. It would be awesome but for a team that really needs a playoff season… KA so far has bonds applied and sanded. Partial primer coat perhaps.

Unless there is a splash in August, (even a splish perhaps) KA is a failure.

Yes very excited. I stood alone fighting to keep Lindy Ruff when he was originally let go from the Sabres. Ruff was the victim of Regierism. Regier who faded into oblivion. Ville Leino? What a dope. Ruff fired because he was given a bunch of losers.
You weren't alone. I was pissed. And every time we hired and fired another deadbeat, I hoped he'd come back.
I'm ecstatic that he's back!

I think the Sabres have made good moves in this off-season and I'm pumped for the season to start.
Lindy WILL have them fired up

Skinner would have a good year, then a not so good. Back and forth. He went from 35 goals to 24 goals. (LINK) The Sabres need to replace that. Otherwise Adams has replaced Girgenson and Okposo and with better players. It may not look like much, but all holes filled except Skinner's output. And the Sabres likely have the replacement on their roster if Quinn can stay healthy.

Coaching had been abysmal but caches do not assemble the talent.

Glad Lindy’s back but it’s been a long time since he was the Lindy we long for.

Coaching had been abysmal but caches do not assemble the talent.

Glad Lindy’s back but it’s been a long time since he was the Lindy we long for.
Not really. He did great with NJ until injuries really hit them hard. I thought his firing was premature, but that's the NHL.
When he got fired, Granato was the 6th longest-tenured coach.....

Three NHL Teams That Could Be Big Surprises in 2024-25

Buffalo Sabres
It has been 13 years since the Buffalo Sabres have made the playoffs. The 2023-24 season was particularly frustrating for the Sabres, as they were expected to take another step forward after missing the post-season by just one point in 2022-23. Instead, they suffered a setback and finished 12th in the Eastern Conference.

Buffalo Sabres

Buffalo Sabres

© Kim Klement Neitzel-USA TODAY Sports
Sabres GM Kevyn Adams was aggressive in response to the Sabres' deflating season. He revamped their bottom six, adding Jason Zucker, Ryan McLeod, Sam Lafferty, Nicolas Aube-Kubel and Beck Malenstyn. While Adams could not land the Sabres their much-coveted top-six winger, their forward group looks deeper heading into 2024-25.

Some may feel pessimism regarding the Sabres' playoff chances in 2024-25, but they should not be ruled out. They not only added some solid forwards this off-season but also have several young players, such as Bowen Byram, Zach Benson, JJ Peterka and Jack Quinn, who could hit higher levels.

Cup? Take it easy , chief… ya might wanna tap those brakes… Lindy failed with the best goalie on the planet and a presidents winner.
Bowman had similar aspirations when leaving the Habsburg… Krueger wanted to win FIFA as well.

Cup? Take it easy , chief… ya might wanna tap those brakes… Lindy failed with the best goalie on the planet and a presidents winner.
Bowman had similar aspirations when leaving the Habsburg… Krueger wanted to win FIFA as well.
I didn't say they're winning it all this year, I said Lindy is on a mission to complete what he started over 20 years ago, something no one has ever done here in Buffalo, which is also his home

This year I get discounted beer at the concession stand. I can't tell you why.
Could cause a riot

Back