Sources: Bills finalizing trade of star WR Stefon Diggs to Texans

daryls61

The Buffalo Bills are finalizing a trade to send four-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Stefon Diggs to the Houston Texans for draft-pick compensation, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

The Bills will receive a 2025 second-round pick (via the Minnesota Vikings) in exchange for Diggs, a 2024 sixth-round pick and a 2025 fifth-round pick. The Texans acquired that pick from the Vikings when they traded their 2024 first-round pick to Minnesota last month.

The trade comes a day after Diggs responded to a social media user's declaration that he wasn't essential to Bills quarterback Josh Allen's success by replying, "You sure?"

When you are eating so much of his contract is that really enough trade compensation.

A 2nd round pick next year is worth a 3rd round this year.

Texans get - Diggs, 5th rd. & 6th rd. pick
Bills get - 2025 2nd rd pick and 31 mil salary for 2024

🤦‍♂️😔 It was necessary though, so let the hemorrhaging continue for this season?

Texans get - Diggs, 5th rd. & 6th rd. pick
Bills get - 2025 2nd rd pick and 31 mil salary for 2024

🤦‍♂️😔 It was necessary though, so let the hemorrhaging continue for this season?

What was NOT necessary was when Diggs contract was extended in 2022 causing all this dead money now when he still had two years left on his contract.

Beane fucked up.

This came from elsewhere and is NOT mine...

If I recall all this correctly; his contract before they gave him an extension in 2022 would have expired after last season. No dead cap, just a mutual parting of ways. I remember thinking that the extension didn't seem necessary, he was already under contract for that season and the next. The new contract saved them $6 million in cap space that year.

Now they trade him for a future pick and take the biggest one year dead cap hit for a WR in the history of the league. $31 million of your cap gone for no player at all. In all likelihood throw away your chances for an entire year for absolutely nothing. He was already under contract through last season.

That's some real brilliant chess.

While I think the return we got was really shabby, I am sad Diggs is gone. As a fellow MD terp, I enjoyed having him on the Bills.

While I think the return we got was really shabby, I am sad Diggs is gone. As a fellow MD terp, I enjoyed having him on the Bills.
Yeah I'd like to know who is responsible for the shattered relationship between Diggs and the team

Back