THE OFFICIAL BUFFALO SPORTS VOICE AQUARIUM THREAD

Hey bub, what’s in the bag?

Bulk Charcoal.

The two power filters on the 90G are full of other media.

The 40G has the new canister filter.

Later this year I will replace the two power filters on the 90G with a really BIG ass canister filter and get rid of the bags.

Does the charcoal work as well when stagnant in the water vs having water forced over it?

Your aquariums are quite awesome

Thank you.

I had a piranha during law school in the early 80's but once he died got out of the hobby.

Then my youngest left an unused 10G tank here when he went to Med School in 2015.

I thought WTF lets set it up.

The 10G migrated to a 45G curved tank in the corner of the ManCave.

Last year I measured that area and thought what if I got a 90G with a smaller 40G on some sort of double rack/shelve?

It would stick out space wise less than the 45G curved and I could double the living space of the community fish and I could set up a tank of non-community cichlids in the 40G.

It took waaaaaaaaaaaaay more of my time and some financial investment but now everything is stabilized and the fish are maturing into beautiful and interesting creatures.

My love is for plecos where I spend the most on because I find them fascinating.

Recently I bought much more of a canister power filter for the 40G then is needed but it really cleaned up that tank for the South American Cichlids.

I have my eye on a very large canister power filter for the 90G and will acquire it when I can get the price down.

It will make a big difference as well in terms of ease of maintenance.

I have no plans for plants since I think I would fuck that up.

I have no plans for salt water since it is at a whole higher expense level.

I have no plans for more tanks since there simply is no room.

I have no plans for any further investment since I simply do not have the time -- my wine making has suffered over this aquarium hobby and I want to get back to making much more wine this Fall given I have a fully set up wine cellar.

Nonetheless, I enjoy waking up early in the morning, giving my dog pack their daily treat before uncrating them and bringing them to the outdoor kennel and then putting on the tank lights and feeding the fish every second day while making and drinking my morning espresso.

Looking whether any fish has died.

Which fish is in what part of the tank.

Seeing if the Red Tailed Shark is being an asshole to the smaller fish.

It is a nice way to start one's day before going on-line briefly before hitting the gardens.

If I am watching a game and there is a commercial or the game is a blow out, it is a change of pace to swivel my desk chair from the TV to the tanks to watch the fish instead.

It relaxes me.

THE END

Watching fish is like watching fire dance. It’s mesmerizing and takes me out of my head. “I could watch this for hours” is often spoken at a campfire or at a massively upscale restaurant’s holding area/bar. Cocktails and mesmerizing fish makes the ridiculously long wait bareable.

You put two large aquariums on a cart with wheels? Where you gonna roll it? Not an Einstein move. LOL.

You put two large aquariums on a cart with wheels? Where you gonna roll it? Not an Einstein move. LOL.
It has NEVER moved and will NEVER move.

It was wheeled there BEFORE it was filled with water.

What else has NEVER moved is your sheer IGNORANCE and ability to be an ABSOLUTE ASSHOLE.

PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Back