Whacha readin?

herodotus

Okay fellow drunks, political hacks, sportsball crazies, what books are you reading?

Me I just finished Faizal Iskander's Sandro of Chegem, a collection of short stories about the life of the titular protaganist Sandro of Chegem. Its a fun little read from the Abkhazian people (whose homeland was at the center of the Russo-Georgian War of 2008. Iskander is interesting in that he is a Muslim. Also, his colorful work, mocks Stalinism, derides Soviet agricultural policies, especially of collective farms.

I am currently reading John Keay's India: A History. Its a pretty good 500 page single volume history of India from antiquity up through the 1970s. Its a great starting point for further research into the history and culture of one of the world's largest and important emerging economies and democracies.

So what you been reading?

I just finished reading "Invisible Treason in America" by Thomas McInerny and Paul E Vallely. It boils down how fucked this country is into 151 pages.

Currently reading Into Thin Air by John Krakauer and a collective book of Poe's short stories.
Next up I want to start in to the world of Dragonlance beginning with Dragons of Autumn Twilight from 1984.

Back