What's better?

Victor7

By the time our game kicks off both the Jax and Pitt games are over. In fact one of those is on saturday.

So what do you guys think its best for the Bills.

1. Either Jax or Pitt have already lost so we are in no matter what. They would still play their butts off trying to get that 2 seed. But maybe they are a bit more relaxed you know?

or

2. Both Jax and Pitt won so know we are in a win or go home situation. Would this help us play better? Focus more? or the contrary. It would make them play (coach too) uptight and scared?

The Bills will take the night off if they know they can afford to, so they need the extra motivation.
I agree. If they know they're in beforehand, they'll be more apt to rest starters and prevent injuries.
Either way, beating Miami again would be wonderful

I agree. If they know they're in beforehand, they'll be more apt to rest starters and prevent injuries.
Either way, beating Miami again would be wonderful
I don't know about that. The difference from the 2 seed to the 6 or 7 is abysmal.

I actually think they would play better. Knowing there's less pressure but still going all in on getting that 2 seed.

I fear the scared absolutely pussyfied brand of ball McD will provide us if the previous results are not favorable.

I don't know about that. The difference from the 2 seed to the 6 or 7 is abysmal.

I actually think they would play better. Knowing there's less pressure but still going all in on getting that 2 seed.

I fear the scared absolutely pussyfied brand of ball McD will provide us if the previous results are not favorable.
It's because McD is such a pussy that I see him resting people if we're already in.
He's not smart enough to recognize the benefit of a week off

The Bills will take the night off if they know they can afford to, so they need the extra motivation.

I was talking about mailing it in. I think that's why McD kept the important scores off the stadium scoreboard last week. He was afraid the team was going to coast.

We need something to fall back on if Bills lose tomorrow. There is no way we can beat Miami even if Bills are playing at their best. McFuckFace and the refs can still fuck things up for them.

Just get in.....Backup insurance is always good in case they shit the bed tomorrow
I think you need to find a non-Hotmail account to use. I haven't found out why yet, but Hotmail isn't getting eh validation emails

Just fucking win. Get in, beat whoever in round one, get the Chiefs in Rich Stadium, and then let the chips fall where they may in AFCCG.

Welcome to the final Bills Mailbag of the 2023 regular season. Let’s dive into your questions …
John G. asks: The only team that scares me in the AFC is the Ravens. The Chiefs have regressed, Miami has improved but is still a year away, obviously the Bengals have faltered and the Browns have flaws on offense that will show in playoffs. The Bills are peaking at the right time – similar to the Giants back in 2007. Maybe we win it all now that others have written us off. Less pressure could be the key. Your thoughts?

Jay: If you asked me this question after the win over the Cowboys, I probably would have agreed, but the showing on offense the past couple games has given me serious pause. It’s hard for me to agree with the idea the Bills are peaking right now. There are a number of reasons Sunday’s game against Miami is big, starting with the fact it’s for the division. A win clinches the No. 2 seed for the Bills, which means a home game against the No. 7 seed, and another home game in the divisional round if the Bills take care of business in the wild-card round. If the seedings hold, that would be against Kansas City – the first road playoff game of Patrick Mahomes’ career. Can you imagine that scene at Highmark Stadium? If the Ravens falter in the divisional round, the Bills would host the AFC Championship Game. Compare that to making it after a loss. That would mean the sixth or seventh seed – depending on other results – and a trip to Kansas City or a return trip to Miami, likely followed by a trip to Baltimore for the divisional round if the Bills won on wild-card weekend. That’s a brutal potential path. I can’t say the Bills are exactly peaking, but they’re catching a Miami team that has plenty of injury issues at the moment. If they get the No. 2 seed, it’s certainly possible they make a run.

Would prefer Jags to have lost prior to tonight's game securing a spot. Realistically this has been an odd year where seeding won't matter as much as it has in the past. Anybody can beat anybody home or away and it won't be shocking. Can you imagine how it's going to feel being down by 1 and two minutes to go in tonight's game. Especially with McDermotts history. If the Bills do not win tonight and miss the playoffs it's going to take a long time to recover from this season.

Would prefer Jags to have lost prior to tonight's game securing a spot. Realistically this has been an odd year where seeding won't matter as much as it has in the past. Anybody can beat anybody home or away and it won't be shocking. Can you imagine how it's going to feel being down by 1 and two minutes to go in tonight's game. Especially with McDermotts history. If the Bills do not win tonight and miss the playoffs it's going to take a long time to recover from this season.
That's a fact! I hope TN comes as strong as they did against Houston a few weeks ago.

By the time our game kicks off both the Jax and Pitt games are over. In fact one of those is on saturday.

So what do you guys think its best for the Bills.

1. Either Jax or Pitt have already lost so we are in no matter what. They would still play their butts off trying to get that 2 seed. But maybe they are a bit more relaxed you know?

or

2. Both Jax and Pitt won so know we are in a win or go home situation. Would this help us play better? Focus more? or the contrary. It would make them play (coach too) uptight and scared?
I am glad they are in, but so help me I think we are going to see three hours of the most half assed horse shit and hand clapping that McD can do.

Back