Did the government threaten Dodge or did they promise them something?

Very Wide Right

Dodge essentially sacked their entire performance line of cars for 2024 and are offering the Challenger and Charger as a redesigned EV. Consumers don't want em for many obvious reasons, and they have to know sales will plummet. Why in the world did they go in this direction before they were mandated too by big brother? My guess is that were promised some huge advantage.

Dodge essentially sacked their entire performance line of cars for 2024 and are offering the Challenger and Charger as a redesigned EV. Consumers don't want em for many obvious reasons, and they have to know sales will plummet. Why in the world did they go in this direction before they were mandated too by big brother? My guess is that were promised some huge advantage.
The Gov't pushing EV's is probably the reason why.

Yeah, I get that but that's not mandated for another 16 years so why would you destroy your entire performance car line now for cars that very few want or can even use?
Makes no sense.
Dodge is falling back, anyway from the other US Car makers.

I was talking to a customer the other day about how the quality of Dodge trucks has been backsliding over the last few years.
Killing off the Hemi was a horrible decision

Makes no sense.
Dodge is falling back, anyway from the other US Car makers.

I was talking to a customer the other day about how the quality of Dodge trucks has been backsliding over the last few years.
Killing off the Hemi was a horrible decision
Of the big 3 I still believe that Dodge builds the best light truck. The truck I'm driving now is a 2022 Dodge 3500 dually, powered by a Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel. Chevy trucks are now made in Mexico, and I hear the quality control isn't good. Ford I wouldn't even consider.

Of the big 3 I still believe that Dodge builds the best light truck. The truck I'm driving now is a 2022 Dodge 3500 dually, powered by a Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel. Chevy trucks are now made in Mexico, and I hear the quality control isn't good. Ford I wouldn't even consider.
You're on an Island with Ford. They're pricey as fuck but I've driven a 2021 F350 Platinum Edition big Deisel and it was very nice

You're on an Island with Ford. They're pricey as fuck but I've driven a 2021 F350 Platinum Edition big Deisel and it was very nice
I was talking to a Ford Super Duty owner last night, he claims his truck cost 95K and he took a 7-year loan to pay for it. After the auto worker strike and seeing what they are willing to pay them now, I can't even imagine who is going to buy a new truck that comes in over 100K. Look for 10-year loans to become a thing then massive insurance fraud 7 years into the loan when the owners realize that their vehicles aren't worth what they have left to pay. Evs are even a bigger problem because nobody wants an old vehicle that needs new batteries.

I was talking to a Ford Super Duty owner last night, he claims his truck cost 95K and he took a 7-year loan to pay for it. After the auto worker strike and seeing what they are willing to pay them now, I can't even imagine who is going to buy a new truck that comes in over 100K. Look for 10-year loans to become a thing then massive insurance fraud 7 years into the loan when the owners realize that their vehicles aren't worth what they have left to pay. Evs are even a bigger problem because nobody wants an old vehicle that needs new batteries.
Spot on about loss of value over the course of the loan.
The problem is Truck prices are out of control.
100K for a truck?? Even 80-90K is retarded

That Ford I drove was 95K, my buddy drove it off the lot, 6 months later, Ford offered him 100K for it on a Trade In

We're going to get EV's whether we want them or not. Look at GM, they're buying out Buick dealerships who refuse to stock EV's. They've already bought half the dealerships in the country. As for who's behind it, its either the government, the bankers, or both. They both seem to be pushing this climate change/EV crap.

We're going to get EV's whether we want them or not. Look at GM, they're buying out Buick dealerships who refuse to stock EV's. They've already bought half the dealerships in the country. As for who's behind it, its either the government, the bankers, or both. They both seem to be pushing this climate change/EV crap.
It'll be another US fail, in a long line of fails over the last 30 years

I disagree,the public will not accept EVs and anybody that does 10 minutes worth of research wouldn't want one. Car companies are not going to watch their dealerships go under because they have a lot full of cars that nobody will buy. I predict that the used car market will spike until inventory is gone then businesses and mechanics that recondition old cars will sprout up all over. There is a company in California ( Wild Rose 911) that has been performing this service for years for law enforcement agencies. They specialize in reconditioning their old Ford Crown Victorias for many more years of service instead of buying new cars.

Also, hopefully the Republicans will take over again and that will put a hard brake on this ridiculous climate agenda. I give the whole EV concept another 5 years and it will go the way of the Dodo.

I disagree,the public will not accept EVs and anybody that does 10 minutes worth of research wouldn't want one. Car companies are not going to watch their dealerships go under because they have a lot full of cars that nobody will buy. I predict that the used car market will spike until inventory is gone then businesses and mechanics that recondition old cars will sprout up all over. There is a company in California ( Wild Rose 911) that has been performing this service for years for law enforcement agencies. They specialize in reconditioning their old Ford Crown Victorias for many more years of service instead of buying new cars.

Also, hopefully the Republicans will take over again and that will put a hard brake on this ridiculous climate agenda. I give the whole EV concept another 5 years and it will go the way of the Dodo.
The Climate agenda isn't ridiculous but the EV movement is. Exploding batteries that cost thousands to replace anyway, more energy to charge the vehicles, the fact that many EV's cost as much as a new Truck to drive off the lot and the sparse charging stations make them not-ready-for-Prime-Time

I honestly don't know, love the charger. Sleek car and love that engine

And another win for China. They control most of the resources needed to make EV batteries. Once again, they will enrich themselves off of our greed and stupidity.

Well, if they focus on EVs as a result, and we decide NOT to, it would end up being a win for US as they run around attending to their collapsing parking garages and EV fires.

If I owned one I'd park it in front of the house next to a fire hydrant.

P2NOVXKCJBFLHCFTMCPHCL4FPU.jpg

Back