Official 2024 Gardening Thread

Did you cut the octagon out of your concrete, or was it poured that way?

Poured by my late Father.

That was the 2nd or 3rd pouring of concrete -- us Italians love to pour concrete -- and we had fruit trees and pine trees already so Dad poured around them.

Mom got rid of the fruit trees soon after her Husband died because she could not maintain them and the pine arch was removed by myself to fit in the hot tub and because they died.

Where did you get that round rock, Daryl? I’d love to have that!

Nice yard, btw 👍😊

I think Daryls brought it over from The Rumbling Range

If you throw a rough toxic swamp rock/boulder into the Shout/Chat Box over there around 7:00 PM each night, it is smooth through the friction of Trump Fluffer stupidity by 10:00 PM.

I just went out to cut the front driveway hedge for the week and it is too damn hot!!!

I finished a nice measured 6' high cut on the castle effect I have been nurturing along for years and I think it will all reach a uniform 6' high sometime in August of this year.

That took 3 years of care, plenty of water and specialized fertilizer monthly.

It was so hot I swear I smelled smoke.

Ain't nobody got time for that....

How in the fuck do you have tomatoes before me Daryls?

I put in my single tomato plants 3 weeks before anyone else in my neighbourhood.

I buy the single and not 4-box plants.

You buying those 1 & 1/2 foot high expensive tomato plants that they sell for those that planted late or are too lazy to grown it up themselves?

Cough up Pencil Dick.

What is the truth here?

Can’t wait for the cottonwoods to stop shitting all over the neighborhood, it’s like snow out there.
Can’t even leave my garage door open 🤣

JC -- Is that a small pond with waterfall?

I have been planning on turning the concrete wading pool in the middle of our patio into a waterfall pond with water plants for a few years now and next year it will definitely happen.

Updated Gardening Pics!! We have TOMATOES!!

20240604_141136_resized.jpg

I AM CALLING BULLSHIT ON DARYLS

JC -- Is that a small pond with waterfall?

I have been planning on turning the concrete wading pool in the middle of our patio into a waterfall pond with water plants for a few years now and next year it will definitely happen.
It was.

But it was getting to be too much (ponds are work), so we filled it in with rock, for a “pond-less waterfall”, which is no work at all.
It’s just a sump basin and circulating pump, which I take out and keep in a bucket of water in my basement during winter.

That rectangular thing you have would make a great pond, I’d look for ideas on YT…

I’ll look for pics when it was a pond 👍

If you recall, bullshit is EXCELLENT fertilizer…

So does Great Dane, Basset Hound and Mutt dog shit when blasted with a high pressure garden hose 365 days a year from the kennel into my Kennel Flower Bed.

I never use Miracle-Gro on that bed and my roses there are twice as large as my other ones.

So does Great Dane, Basset Hound and Mutt dog shit when blasted with a high pressure garden hose 365 days a year from the kennel into my Kennel Flower Bed.

I never use Miracle-Gro on that bed and my roses there are twice as large as my other ones.
Dog shit works great. My lawn in back has never been so thick and green before

Back