Official 2024 Gardening Thread

One of the projects I had trouble getting to you this year was the name labels for my 56 roses.

I had labels a few years ago but they faded over the years.

I knew the names of some of them because I kept their tags but many are much much older roses now.

So had a 20 minute telephone conference call with my main supplier however they don't sell what they sold 5+ years ago.

In any event, for the roses I did NOT know their proper name, I just made up names.

Can you guess which ones are made up?

image.jpg

Last edited:
I used to NOT use Miracle-Gro after Labour Day however the growing season has been extended up here thanks to global warning and the climate change resulting from the beliefs of the Sukies of the world so before the rain commences in 3-4 hours for the entire day I am going to sprinkle the remaining MG that I have on the roses, berries, kiwi and other perennials.

Thank you Sukie.

Who says there is not a bright side to the petro poisoning the planet?

One of the projects I had trouble getting to you this year was the name labels for my 56 roses.

I had labels a few years ago but they faded over the years.

I knew the names of some of them because I kept their tags but many are much much older roses now.

So had a 20 minute telephone conference call with my main supplier however they don't sell what they sold 5+ years ago.

In any event, for the roses I did NOT know their proper name, I just made up names.

Can you guess which ones are made up?

View attachment 2490
Bombay bitch, Canine Urine. Hipkat’s Dangle,

I used to NOT use Miracle-Gro after Labour Day however the growing season has been extended up here thanks to global warning and the climate change resulting from the beliefs of the Sukies of the world so before the rain commences in 3-4 hours for the entire day I am going to sprinkle the remaining MG that I have on the roses, berries, kiwi and other perennials.

Thank you Sukie.

Who says there is not a bright side to the petro poisoning the planet?
You petroleum based garden hose thanks you.

Temperatures going down to 5, 4 and 3C overnight starting with tomorrow night so I am harvesting everything left in the veggie garden before the weekend.

Photos to follow before that happens.

Back