Official 2024 Gardening Thread

Sean, are those the woods you walk in to decompress for Bills games? Didnt figure you as a crocs guy!
Those are the front woods. I don’t fuck with those woods since there is a steep ledge. I go into my back yard woods…the ones you see here
IMG_2149.jpeg
And I just bought my first pair of crocs a few weeks ago. Didn’t know what I was missing. Better than putting on socks and shoes in 95 degree weather everyday. Fuck that shit.

I started a Berry Tunnel this year with 5 different species of raspberries and 2 different species of blackberries (38 canes in total) and I thought I had until next season for the metal structure (14 feet long + 3 feet wide + 8+ feet high at the arch) however they are growing so fast that I have to address the structure within two weeks since they have outgrown whatever rods I can currently have.

Solved that problem today cheaply and should have it in place next week.

Will post photos.

I expect by the end of next season there will be so many berries -- we ate a lot even in their first year -- that I will need to learn to bake, make jams, use in cocktails and perhaps even use for the making of spirits.

Back