Official 2024 Gardening Thread

I was just out there after the rain finally stopped and the growth is already amazing.

I trimmed the tomatoes yet again and tied up the berries.

I need to get on my electric hog to get some fresh air before tackling the trimming and tying up the peppers.

On my 3rd espresso in the last 6 hours and it ain't snapping me out of this and napping during these bathroom renos is fuckin' impossible.

How do I keep the deer away from my hostas?

I tried spraying them with some spiked lemonade. The hostas just sprouted big black butts.

How do I keep the deer away from my hostas?

I tried spraying them with some spiked lemonade. The hostas just sprouted big black butts.

I don't know since I don't grow hostas because they are for lazy gardeners because they are maintenance free leaf producers and but produce no significant flowers if any.

My suggestion would be for you to shoot the deer and then turn the gun barrel around and shoot yourself.

Should solve both problems -- deer eating hostas and your miserable existence.

You are welcome.

I will post another round of photos on Friday but all this rain and big heat has resulted in a bumper crop of cucumbers.

I had to give the sweet peppers a big haircut to avoid weather damage and the peppers are already huge.

Tomatoes just rocking and now turning red.

Herb garden is insane.

We have harvested well over 40 huge Marketmore and English Slicing Cucs so far and there are soooooo many more.

Bumper crop this year.

I brought two of the monsters to the Legion yesterday to give to the bartender.

I wasn't sure her preference -- length or girth -- so I brought two different kinds.

Back