Official 2024 Gardening Thread

We have a shit ton of rain starting in a couple of hours for a good 16+ hours as the remains of Hurricane B. make their way to Canada so I was busy yesterday dropping 8 bags of Miracle-Gro, 2 kgs. of hedge fertilizer and 25 kgs of lawn fertilizer.

Had to give the tomato and pepper plants a good trim so the wind and heavy rain don't damage them.

Passed out by 6:30 PM.

-----------------------------

Rainfall Warning
Issued at Tue 11:13 PM Jul. 9
Issued by: Environment and Climate Change Canada
Description

Rainfall with embedded torrential downpours expected.

Hazards:
Rainfall totals of 40 to 60 mm, with locally higher amounts possible.
Torrential downpours giving rainfall rates of 20 to 40 mm per hour at times.

Timing:
Beginning overnight or Wednesday morning, and ending Thursday.

Discussion:
Periods of heavy rainfall associated with the remnants of Hurricane Beryl will affect portions of southern Ontario beginning overnight or Wednesday morning. These types of weather systems can give very high rainfall rates in torrential downpours.

Rainfall amounts will likely be highly variable across the region, and some areas may receive in excess of 60 mm. Conditions should improve by Thursday.

We have a shit ton of rain starting in a couple of hours for a good 16+ hours as the remains of Hurricane B. make their way to Canada so I was busy yesterday dropping 8 bags of Miracle-Gro, 2 kgs. of hedge fertilizer and 25 kgs of lawn fertilizer.

Had to give the tomato and pepper plants a good trim so the wind and heavy rain don't damage them.

Passed out by 6:30 PM.

-----------------------------

Rainfall Warning
Issued at Tue 11:13 PM Jul. 9
Issued by: Environment and Climate Change Canada
Description

Rainfall with embedded torrential downpours expected.

Hazards:
Rainfall totals of 40 to 60 mm, with locally higher amounts possible.
Torrential downpours giving rainfall rates of 20 to 40 mm per hour at times.

Timing:
Beginning overnight or Wednesday morning, and ending Thursday.

Discussion:
Periods of heavy rainfall associated with the remnants of Hurricane Beryl will affect portions of southern Ontario beginning overnight or Wednesday morning. These types of weather systems can give very high rainfall rates in torrential downpours.

Rainfall amounts will likely be highly variable across the region, and some areas may receive in excess of 60 mm. Conditions should improve by Thursday.
So happy.

My lawn went from golf course to hayfield in about a week..😂

Was able to get it all cut today too, so happy happy

Lazy prick.

I cut the grass twice a week and cut it to 3" on Monday planning for this weather.
Yeah, I’m not the worker I used to be, that’s for sure. However, it took me 4 hours to cut with a 42” cut deck, it’s a lot of grass. I have a 54” deck tractor, but I use that more as a brush hog near the creek. It scalps the slopes around my house.

I’m not lazy though. I’d cut your lot with a weed wacker, not a rider 😊

Yeah, I’m not the worker I used to be, that’s for sure. However, it took me 4 hours to cut with a 42” cut deck, it’s a lot of grass. I have a 54” deck tractor, but I use that more as a brush hog near the creek. It scalps the slopes around my house.

I’m not lazy though. I’d cut your lot with a weed wacker, not a rider 😊

When you coming over?

I have a full keg of a Craft Double IPA in the ManCave and can get the BBQ ready.

Back