Official 2024 Gardening Thread

Some geraniums, not my favorite, but colorful, and more importantly can take the sun

Attachments

• IMG_3369.jpeg
    IMG_3369.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3366.jpeg
    IMG_3366.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3372.jpeg
    IMG_3372.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
Do you have bats? I’ve been thinking of a purple Martin house, they are great for insects too.

There are a lot of whippoorwill, nightjars, and bats out here, tree and barn swallows, but I never see martins.

NO I do not have bats.

I have a purchased bat house that is installed facing the very specific orientation that it must be in but NO fuckin' bats.

I thought it was one of those "if you build it they will come" situations but NOOOOOOOOOOO.

With all the mosquitos the plants and watering bring I figured those bitches would show up so I bought a bigger bat house.

I even bought something to attract those bats that I will take a photo of and post here.

Which version did you get and how much was it?? I've been thinking of getting one
I bought a Hero12.
I think the new one comes out in a few months. From everything I’ve gathered, there isn’t much different between the 12 and 11. And the form factor has remained the same for the last few years, so accessories are plentiful. The sensor is the same, but they improved software. They dropped gps in the 12 for improved battery life, and unless you want to geotag your clips, it’s not a biggie for a lot of people.

The biggest competitors to GoPro are DJI action 4, and insta360. My drone is a DJI, so I was thinking of going with it, but went with GoPro, because they’ve been around the longest, and the 3 axis gimbal I wanted was compatible. A lot of YouTube videos compare both together, and many give the edge to the DJI action 4.
I’ll look for a couple of vids I’ve watched 👍

They do sell an after market magnetic mount for quick changing, because screwing in the mounts sucks. You’ll find a lot of videos picking the DJI Action 4 over the Hero 12.

Love the bird bath.

I don't have one and I think it is time.

Nice touch with the bird -- is it real?
I am a big bird bath fan. I put out a bunch of feeders as well. Love the colorful birds.

The bird in the pic has nest just outside our door. Real bird. I think it is a dove. Been sitting on eggs for 3 weeks now. I will be a father soon!

I am a big bird bath fan. I put out a bunch of feeders as well. Love the colorful birds.

The bird in the pic has nest just outside our door. Real bird. I think it is a dove. Been sitting on eggs for 3 weeks now. I will be a father soon!

I support your right to fuck birds Daryls.

Just an advantage of you having a pencil width dick.

Back