Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 'fins 3-10

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 'fins 10+

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Very Wide Right

Getting ready to head to my local Goodyear store for 6 new tires for my beast and it got me thinking. Tires are always a major pain in the ass because of punctures and that creates plenty of driving memories. Let's hear em.

I just got tires for my Truck. Costco wanted a fortune for Michelins so I ended up at Walmart and got really stout All Seasons, some off-brand name for $800

I've been lucky for the past 5 years. My previous 2 cars I swear would get a nail or screw in them every 2 years. half the time outside the scope of the steel belts so they were unpluggable. I guess my most interesting flat story (which really isn't even very interesting) was from the late 90s driving from work on Grand Island to home in Batavia. Blew a rear tire in my Cavalier. Fine, pulled over got out the spare, filled it up to pressure with my cigarette lighter powered pump then realized that the new lug nuts I put on were too big for my on board lug wrench.
Well thankfully at least I had triple A... or so I thought. I had an emergency use only brick cell phone in my glove box with barely a charge on it. I called triple A, they said the thruway was out of their jurisdiction. WTF... they gave me the number to the thruway authority. I had barely enough juice in the phone to call them and vaguely state where I was at. Half hour later a truck shows up. He told me he had already given up trying to find me but decided to drive one more exit after he called to cancel the call. I slipped him a 20 which was all I had at the time. I always carry a full t-bar (4 lug sizes) wrench in my cars now.

I run my tires until one of them flies off the rim and then I replace them all. Dry rot is usually the root cause of the blow outs. I always go to Discount Tire to buy my tires since they almost always have some good deals.

I tried to upload a pic but it wouldn’t go through. What the max file upload size here?
I'm not sure. I've uploaded some pretty big ones in the Gilrs thread.
Let me find the setting.
How big was the image you tried to upload and did you try to copy/paste it into the text box?

I'm not sure. I've uploaded some pretty big ones in the Gilrs thread.
Let me find the setting.
How big was the image you tried to upload and did you try to copy/paste it into the text box?
Copy/paste seems to work better than file upload.

You're in MAGA country!
Oh BIG time! I've said it before. Trump signs and Rebel flags are all over this region. I make jokes in small towns like, "Do you torture people you hate by putting Biden signs in their yard when they aren't looking?" lol

There is a LOT of Klan people here too. The town I live in was Sundaown town and this is where the first Illinois KKK affiliate was started

Back